Here are a few projects we have worked on, or are working on, since founding Looking Forward in October of 2012:Current Projects:
- Help foster and enhance a better Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Bend.
- Organize and host “Traditional and New Economy” business leader events in Bend.
- Provide guidance to Bend 2030 on their strategic direction and implementation plans.
- Help K-12 Education better utilize the business community in Bend.
- Support OSU Cascades in launching a campus in Bend.
- Provided advice, assistance and ideas to help foster and grow several new business 'clusters' that are emerging in Bend (Brewery, Outdoor and Technology). Also advise and aid in connecting these clusters to share insights, experiences, skills and opportunities.
- Reviewed EDCO Strategic Plan and provided feedback and advice.
- Provided advice and assistance in restructuring and revitalizing the Stable of Experts with EDCO.
- Provided advice and help in advancing the Bend Venture Conference.
- Visited and met with business, entrepreneurial and startup leaders in the City of Boulder to study and observe the dynamics behind Boulder's evolution and recommend related best practices to Central Oregon’s business ecosystem.
- Presented keynote address at Bend PubTalks as relates to observations from Boulder trip.
- Participated in Bend Chamber of Commerce Advisory meeting.
- Led the Launch of a TEDx Salon series that resulted in the formation of a Women Leadership committee.
- Advised the Central Oregon Food Policy Council in developing food gleaning program for Bend/LaPine school district.